My role in this project was Product Developer responsible for the first ever IKEA sound range.
The Product Developer leads the product development process through a multifunctional team of experts in sales, sourcing, engineering, supply, innovation and design, according to the Democratic Design principles and the IKEA identity. My responsibilities included:
• Leading the Product Development process
• Developing and managing a profitable and high performing range in the designated product area
• Leading the design process in close cooperation with the designers, and securing IKEA identity in each product
• Challenging the existing points of view and drive creativity and innovation
• Responsible for involving and optimizing cross-functional competencies and stakeholders in the development team
• Communicating the strategic and the operational status of the development process with all stakeholders
• Optimizing the IKEA total value chain possibilities through developing on the home-, factory- and store floor
• Securing that our product offer is based on knowledge and research about life at home
• Translating relevant strategies and business needs in to objectives
About the products:
ENEBY20 (49€) and ENEBY 30 (89€) are discrete and portable speakers with a clear and powerful sound. Dimensioned to fit KALLAX shelving unit (ENEBY30). Simple to use, with a single knob to turn it on/off, and to intuitively adjust the bass, treble or volume. Connect and play your favourite tunes from your phone, computer or any other Bluetooth-enabled device. Mount the speaker on the wall or place it standing using ENEBY wall bracket or ENEBY speaker stand.
This is an IKEA product and all property rights are for IKEA of Sweden.